Tuesday, December 13, 2005

We belonged to several adoption groups when I was growing up because we had adopted a lot of kids from foreign countries. One of the other families had a Vietnamese son who only had one arm. He had lost the arm as a child, it was not a birth defect, but I'm really not sure the details. Anyway, my crazy mother emails me to tell me he and his wife had a baby girl. She adds to the end of the email, "And before you ask, yes, she does have both of her arms." What? Why would I ask such a thing? Who would ask such a thing? Of course she'd have both her arms. What an inappropriately weird thing to think of your own son. I should have emailed back and said what I really wanted to know was whether or not she had only one set of genitals or was it born as a he/she. My mother is clearly insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home